Budget to Actuals
Background: Prior to the summer of 2019 MassArt’s financial reporting was done through printed paper. Hundreds of pieces of paper were printed monthly to give a summary and detailed view of spending or expense activity and that activity against departmental budgets for each Trust Fund Custodian. Since then the Business Office has been using Microsoft Excel that contains the same data received on paper which is more efficient process to give responsible trust fund custodians timely data of where there spending stands against budget.
Today, now that DiVinci has been phased out, Trust Fund Custodians can only rely on reporting manually created by the Business/Accounting Office to review their financials. The Technology office has also recently rolled out a Budget to Actuals portal that is very similar and most likely more user friendly than Excel files. The below directions are how you can use this new electronic feature to view your department’s financials.
- Go to the following Link:
- Next screen after entering your username:
- Enter your Gmail or basic MassArt log-in credentials.
There should then be a link to called Financial Management – See screenshot below:
- Click Financial Management there should be a link called Budget to Actuals – See Screenshot:
- Click Budget to Actuals – Screen should now look like this:
- Enter any combination of the GL Structure that you are a trust fund custodian for to review your high level or low-level budget vs actuals – Full list attached.
- Click Apply filters. Example Screenshot of Marketing Department 1200
I suggest using “Object View” instead of “My Cost Centers”
Also uncheck or click “No” under “Include Active Accounts with No Activity”
Save your criteria once you confirm you’ve entered the right data, below “Apply Filters”
Name the criteria something simple and save:
You can click on any number or subtotal and dig into details. See screenshot:
Deeper dive into a single line item: