MassArt Public Safety 617-879-7800
Boston Police 617-343-4911
You can always call 911 for emergencies.
SAFETY IN THE CITY
BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS
• Take advantage of public transportation whenever possible.
• Avoid walking alone after dark whenever possible:use the buddy system.
• Avoid being distracted by your phone, music,headphones, or other electronic devices.
• Avoid being overloaded with too many items in your hands. Try to keep your more dominant hand free.
• Whenever possible try to walk in well-lit andcrowded and crowded areas. Become familiar with the areas you are frequenting.
• Be aware of scam artists: they are out there everyday.
If someone asks you for assistance tell them that you will call the police to come and help them.
• Try to leave valuable items, such as expensive jewelry, or large amounts of cash at home in a safe location.
• If you feel you are being followed, go immediately into a store, fire station, or any public facility and seek assistance.
• Report any suspicious activity immediately to local law enforcement agencies.
• Avoid confrontation whenever possible: you are more valuable than your possessions! Escape should be your main objective.