Curriculum Committee is a Standing Committee of the MSCA governance structure, whose mission and composition is set by the MSCA contract. After receiving recommendations regarding the general coordination and improvement of academic programs from the All University Committee (AUC), the Curriculum Committee performs an in depth review, consults with appropriate departments, and then responds to AUC with its own recommendation.
In carrying out this charge, the committee evaluates and make recommendations concerning the following:
(1) general coordination and improvements of the academic program;
(2) deletion/addition to or changes in the curriculum;
(3) changes for major requirements;
(4) proposals for new programs.
In addition, the committee occasionally conducts a college-wide study of the overall academic program in order to consider and propose major changes in the curriculum design. Before deciding to establish or disestablish any academic department, academic program, or library program, the President will inform the Curriculum Committee so that they may make a recommendation.
Curriculum Committee is composed of 10 faculty, 2 students, and 2 administrators, and meets on Wednesdays reserved for governance at 1:30 p.m. via Zoom.
All charges to be reviewed through governance should be sent to the Academic Affairs Office, care of Kate Russell, All University Committee Recording Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). AUC will dispense the charge to the appropriate committee.
2021 2022 - 2022 2023 Agendas2021
2022 - 2022 Meeting 2023 Minutes
- Erik DeLuca, Art Education
- Jeanette Eberhardy, Liberal Arts
- Bob Gerst, Liberal Arts (2nd 3rd term)
- Joel GillAlan Jennings, IllustrationAnimation
- Sara Hartmann, Fashion (2nd term)
- Janna Longeacre, FA3D (2nd 3rd term) (co-chair)Kayla Mohammadi
- Elizabeth Mooney, FA2D
- Patti Seitz, Arch. Design (2nd 3rd term)
- Jesse Strauss, Animation Amber Tourlentes, Studio Foundation (2nd term) (co-chair)
- Amber Tourlentes, Studio Foundation
- Augustina Warton, Art Ed.
- Amani Willett, Photo (2nd 3rd term)
- Alice Stanne, Design Dept. Asst.
(recording secretary2nd term)
- Lauren Wilshusen, Admissions (2nd term)
- Micaela Klanchesser, '22
- Ava Pomilla, '23TBA
September 214, 2021 2022 (AUC only)
September 2228, 20212022
October 612, 20212022
October 2026, 20212022
November 39, 20212022
November 1730, 20212022
December 114, 20212022
January 26February 1, 20222023
February 915, 20222023
February 23March 1, 20222023
March 1615, 20222023
March 3029, 20222023
April 1312, 20222023
April 2726, 20222023