Technology department operations during Coronavirus-COVID-19 pandemic
Please review the Technology department operations during Coronavirus-COVID-19 pandemic wiki article for information on access to Technology department facilities and services.
The Technology department is a customer service organization which provides a range of technology services to the MassArt community. Our mission is to promote and support technology services which meet the creative, academic and administrative needs of all members of the community. We provide assistance, education, consulting and support for students, faculty and staff regarding the use of computing hardware and software for administrative and academic computing.
We are organized into five teams–Office of the CIO, Client Services, Academic Technology, Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications– and are responsible for a number of services, including:
- Management and maintenance of the College's network and computing infrastructure, enterprise applications and information systems, and databases which support administration and instruction.
- Coordination and provisioning hardware, software and other technology-based services.
- Partnership with Libraries on the Teaching with Technology Collaborative to assist faculty in the use and adoption of new technologies, and to support instruction and academic computing.
- The Lab, which offers output and printing services, labs and instructional technology spaces and training for students, faculty and staff.
- Tech Central, which provides a one-stop shop for all computing needs, houses the Help Desk, and also manages the checkout of computing, AV and other equipment to the community.
Unless specified otherwise below, Technology staff are available virtually, via email or Google Meet, during normal business hours (9am-5pm), Monday-Friday. Individual staff members may be working remotely, or on a hybrid schedule (remote and on-premise), may have a different schedule, depending on their job duties and responsibilities.
|Services & Teams||Providers||Service Location||Hours|
|Office of the CIO|
Chief Information Officer / Associate Vice President of Technology
Tower 305, Tower 803
Available virtually Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm
CIO on-campus Tuesdays and Thursdays in Tower 305, remote otherwise
Administrative Assistant on campus Wednesdays and Fridays, 8am-4pm, remote otherwise.
Acting Director of Infrastructure
|Tower 305, Tower 803|
Infrastructure Team hours:
An Infrastructure Staff member is available on-premise or virtually:
Director on-campus Tuesdays and Thursdays in Tower 305, remote otherwise.
|Enterprise Applications & Integration|
Director of Enterprise Applications & Integration
|The EAI team is working remotely and will periodically visit campus as required||Virtual availability: |
Help Desk Manager
Tech Central Hours
Mon-Thu: 8am - 7pm
Director, Client Services
|Tower 3rd Floor Concourse|
The Lab hours:
Director, Academic Technology
|Tower 313||Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm|
|Technology for Teaching & Learning|
|Working Remotely||Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm|
Information Security Officer
Monday & Tuesday: 8am-4pm