The Technology department is a customer service organization which provides a range of technology services to the MassArt community. Our mission is to promote and support technology services which meet the creative, academic and administrative needs of all members of the community. We provide assistance, education, consulting and support for students, faculty and staff regarding the use of computing hardware and software for administrative and academic computing.
We are organized into five teams–Office of the CIO, Client Services, Academic Technology, Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications– and are responsible for a number of services, including:
- Management and maintenance of the College's network and computing infrastructure, enterprise applications and information systems, and databases which support administration and instruction.
- Coordination and provisioning hardware, software and other technology-based services.
- Partnership with Libraries on the Teaching with Technology Collaborative to assist faculty in the use and adoption of new technologies, and to support instruction and academic computing.
- The Lab, which offers output and printing services, labs and instructional technology spaces and training for students, faculty and staff.
- Tech Central, which provides a one-stop shop for all computing needs, houses the Help Desk, and also manages the checkout of computing, AV and other equipment to the community.
|Services & Teams||Providers||Service Location||Hours|
|Office of the CIO|
Chief Information Officer / Associate Vice President of Technology
|Tower 305, Tower 803||Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm|
Acting Director of Infrastructure
|Tower 305, Tower 803|
Director of Enterprise Applications & Integration
|Tower 803||Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm|
Help Desk Manager
Mon-Thu: 8am - 7pm
Director, Client Services
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
|Tower 3rd Floor Concourse|
Director, Academic Technology
|Tower 313||Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm|
|Technology for Teaching & Learning|
|Tower 724||Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm|
Information Security Officer
Monday & Tuesday: 8am-4pm