SNAP provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
If you live in Massachusetts, please visit dtaconnect.com or download the SNAP App, DTA Connect.
The online process takes approximately 20 minutes. Please have on hand is the following information:
- · Birth dates
- · Social Security Numbers
- · Income
- · Expense
It also would be helpful to have your Financial Aid package available to view when completing the form and when a DTA worker reaches out to discuss your case
List of Local and National Resources
If there is a resource/listing that is not listed on this site and you'd like to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Boston Public Schools
Food for the Soul
If you are in need of a meal please click here to submit the form to request delivery.
Solidarity Supply Distro
Greater Boston Food Bank
To find locations near you, type in your zip code
Food Source Hotline: 1-800-645-8333
Project Bread is a statewide information and referral source for people facing hunger. They will refer you to emergency food sources in your area as well as provide information on school meals, summer food sites for children, elder meal programs, SNAP, etc. They will also screen for SNAP eligibility and help with applications for SNAP. They offer help in 160 different languages.
Two Dollars a Bag Program
The Two Dollars a Bag Program is a community agency based in Dorchester that hands out fresh fruits and vegetables in Boston and Eastern Massachusetts. Anyone in need is welcome and an ID or referral is NOT required. There are no income limits and you don’t have to sign up ahead of time. You also won’t be turned down if you can’t pay the $2.00 a bag.
Fresh Truck http://www.freshtruck.org/ is on a mission to radically impact community health by getting food to people that need it the most. Weekly Market - year round mobile grocery story bringing healthy, affordable food to the same place, at the same time, every week for families that need it most. Pop-up Events - the bus becomes a customizable food centered activity hub for block parties, cooking demos and workshops.
Health Center Mobile Market locations
As part of our Public Health efforts, we are also bringing Mobile Markets to health centers to bridge the connection between hunger and health. These are produce-only distributions aimed at providing highly nutritious food to health center patients. Locations include:
- Charles River Community Health: 495 Western Ave, Brighton, MA 02135
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center: 34 Haverhill St, Lawrence, MA 01841 | Contact: Luz Rodriguez, 978.689.6731 • Email | Facebook • Twitter
- SSTAR Health Care Center: 1010 S Main St, Fall River, MA 02724 | Contact: Paula Beaulieu, 508.235.7066 • Email
- Lynn Community Health Center: 9 Buffum St, Lynn, MA 01901
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital: 200 Springs Rd, Bedford, MA 01730 | Contact: Joanne, 781.687.2342, Market is for Veterans, Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard Service members
- Cambridge Health Alliance Revere Care Center: 454 Broadway, Revere, MA 02151 | Contact: 781.485.8222 • Email
- Greater New Bedford Community Health Center: 874 Purchase Street, New Bedford, MA 02740 | Contact: Joyce Dupont, 508.992.6553, ext 142
- Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center: 354 Waverly St, Framingham, MA 01702
Roxbury Food Resource Dorchester Food Resources Jamaica Plain Food Resources Mattapan Food Resources