The Project Management Office (PMO) supports the college through the Division of Administration and Finance by advising on the selection, planning, support, and governance of projects, plans, requests, and portfolios under the direction of the Vice President of Administration and Finance. The PMO offers training and support on the ProjectManager.com PPM (Project and Portfolio Management System) as well as best practices for project management, project activities, and portfolio development.
Ranked #1 in project management, ProjectManager.Com PPM is an online project and portfolio management system geared toward ease of use, flexibility, user experience, personal preference/working style, team building, and collaboration. The system allows for a broad range of project types, as well as managing creative and complex portfolios from task-level details to top level portfolio(s), integrated reporting and executive dashboards. The PPM offers preset project templates, an unlimited number of projects, and unlimited file storage. Other organizations using the ProjectManager.com PPM include: NASA, Volvo, Ralph Lauren, the United Nations, and the UMass-Boston PMO.
Please Note: We are migrating to the new version of Project Manager in January 2020 (3 minute overview video below):
- Project Manager New Version Log In Screen: https://software.projectmanager.com/login
- System Administrator: Julie Barrett (email@example.com) Back Up: Mahesh Gudapakkam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tutorial Videos: https://www.projectmanager.com/product-videos
Classic Version Information:
- Classic/ Previous Version Login In Screen: https://secure.projectmanager.com/login
- Classic/ Previous Version Password Reset: https://secure.projectmanager.com/login-forgotten.aspx
- User Guide: Project Manager PPM Training and Overview Slides
- Project Manager Product Tutorial Videos: https://www.projectmanager.com/product-videos
- Project Manager 3 minute overview:
"My First Project" getting started and how to create a project (2min):
In Person Training - Project Management Office:
- Project Management 101 - Project Management Process Overview
- Project Management 101a - Project Management Overview - specified to the Administrative Assistant Role
- Project Management 102 - Managing Multiple and Complex Projects
- Project Management 103 - Work Blocks and Project Scheduling
- Project Management 104 - Project Charter; Defining your project, purpose, and goals
- Project Management 105 - Requirements Gathering
- Project Management 106 - Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Management 107 - WBS - Work Breakdown Structures (Project Outlines)
- Project Management 108 - Project Kick Off Meetings - Internal and External
- Project Management 109 - Project Teams: Project Leadership, Roles, and Team Composition
- Project Management 110 - Project Communication Plans, Risk Management, Quality Control
Project Management Resources:
The Project Management Institute: https://www.pmi.org/
PMP Certification Project Management Professional
Training and Requirements
PMBOK: Project Management Body of Knowledge
PMI’s Project Management Standards and Best Practices
Professional Development - Project Management Training - Online Training
- Boston Public Library eCard: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4197886/eCard-Registration
- Boston Public Library will email you your eCard Number and instructions to set up a pin.
- Lynda.Com Use your BPL Library eCard Number and Pin to log into Lynda.com: https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=bpl.org
- Become a Project Manager - Learning Pathway on Lynda.com
20+ Hours on Project Management Fundamentals, Types of PM, PM Steps; Advanced, etc.
Other Training Videos and Learning Pathways: Time Management, Business Skills, Software, Design, etc.